There’s three weeks since I really quit smoking. I never really wanted, but now there’s no turning back. I did for four years straight.
First I quit those regular ones (Camel and Marlboro) when I was consuming about 15 a day. This was December, 2008. Now I quit the self-rolled ones (American Spirit, One Back, Bressan). I was rolling about two a day, but continually.
I gotta say it’s not being an easy task, for sure. But for those who are trying to do the same, come join me. I’ll teach you some tips:
– diminish the daily amout of cigarrettes smoked
– prepare your mind when you feel you are strong enough
– make the decision even if your friends do not help, smoking by your side
– don’t keep your friends away. Let them smoke. But act as if you are the iron bar (but you gotta be mindset for this)
– forget other feelings. The only thing you want is to quit smoking. Within little time your body will retribute the suffering for a much better gift. And I’m not telling what it is. It may be different for everyone.
Well, I hope these few words could help someone. For me it worked so far. And now I feel the society opened a nice door for me. Yes, in Brazil smokers are seen as inconvenient people and I got the message just on time. Specially in Sao Paulo, where a new law came over.
Now someone may be saying: “three weeks is nothing. You can fall at your own feelings”. Well, I can only say when I make a decision it becomes a kind of law. And much more when your father and your mother start to dare you. Ever seen those tricky children? Yes, I’m still one of them.